Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 1994)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 4 May 94 8:26:05 PDT
From:         Steve Johnson <sjohnson@pcocd2.intel.com>
Subject:      small part, BIG BUCKS!

> > > On my '78 bus there's a fan over the motor, in the engine compartment that > is used for the heater. THis is controlled by a little box on it, that > has 5 or 6 leads, and a little plastic harness plugs onto it with all the > wires on the harness. Well, I think it's broken (actually pretty darn > sure), but the local VW dealer wants over $60 Canadian for the part, and > no one else in the city has it. Help, does anyone have a spare one they'd > sell? > There's a few numbers on it (part numbers?) one of them is "211963141A", > and there are 5 connections, labled: J,B,A,M,31. And another number: > "R601.108". > I don't really need a heater, but if I could get the part cheap enough I > would like to get it. > Thanks, DAN. > > -- > >

This is so typical of cars in general these days. They really have the car buying public by the Gonads with parts replacement. No small wonder people end up buying new cars sooner than they should have to. Fortunately there are still wrecking yards where bits and pieces can still be had. If no one else wants to, I'll take a trip out to my local Pick-n-Pull and see if one can be found. I suppose your wrecking yards are still under several feet of snow. ;)

Steven ---------------------- Steven Johnson, Sacramento, CA sjohnson@pcocd2.intel.com '91 VW Camper GL, '86 Nissan Sentra Previously owned: '68 bug, '70 squareback, '74 Camper