Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 1994)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 8 Jun 1994 06:04:12 -0400
From:         ad793@freenet.carleton.ca (Frank Condelli)
Subject:      Re: stat time and plea to new-comers

> > >ok, folks. it's that time again. here's all the buses i know about out >in Never-Never-Land. > > 56 Microbus 1 68 Bus 5 80 Vanagon 9 92 Eurovan 0 > 57 Microbus 1 69 Bus 3 81 Vanagon 7 93 Eurovan 9 > 58 Microbus 1 70 Bus 11 82 Vanagon 12 94 Eurovan 0 > 59 Microbus 2 71 Bus 17 83 Vanagon 3 > 60 Microbus 0 72 Bus 8 84 Vanagon 11 > 61 Microbus 2 73 Bus 17 85 Vanagon 14 > 62 Microbus 1 74 Bus 11 86 Vanagon 10 > 63 Microbus 0 75 Bus 1 87 Vanagon 15 > 64 Microbus 2 76 Bus 10 88 Vanagon 5 > 65 Microbus 0 77 Bus 8 89 Vanagon 4 > 66 Microbus 9 78 Bus 11 90 Vanagon 9 > 67 Microbus 12 79 Bus 7 91 Vanagon 5 Unknown 22 > > Microbus 31 - Camper 9, Panel 3, Pickup 1, Kombi 11 > Bus 109 - Camper 50, Panel 0, Pickup 1 > Vanagon 104 - Camper 37, Panel 2, Pickup 0, Diesel 7, Syncro 10 > Eurovan 9 - Camper 4 > Total 275 > > Vanagon Mailing List 150 > 11 Microbus, 48 Bus, 65 Vanagon, 5 Eurovan, 22 Unknown > >and here's where all the folks on the list are from: > >-AUS 2 DC 3 MI 1 RI 1 >-CAN 11 FL 1 MN 3 TN 1 >-UK 2 GA 3 MO 2 TX 7 >AL 1 IA 2 NC 5 VA 1 >AR 1 IL 1 NE 2 WA 4 >AZ 2 IN 1 NY 6 WI 4 >CA 23 KY 1 OH 2 >CO 1 MA 5 OR 3 >CT 1 MD 3 PA 5 >Unknown 39 >Total 111 > >ok, folks. there's entirely toooo many 'Unknown buses' out there. i >know a bunch of you are Bus-Wannabees, but that only accounts for about >ten of you. howzabout you new folks letting me know what model and year >bus you are driving. and what city/state you are located in. just for >the sake of ... well, i don't know. curiosity? :) > >joel > >

OK Joel, here you go: I've got or JUST got rather a '87 Westfalia and since I see from your list the "87s are the most populus I just had to let you and the others know that I have "one" also. So far it's doing it's job. Broke the ignition key off in the gas cap, VW wanted $10.00 for the key but got one at the local locksmith for $3.00 and he freed up the stuck drivers door lock for free. Then there's the exaust leak the just got worse, seems to be coming from the joint between the manifold pipes and the right angle pipe to the muffler. Two simple, little, ordinary gaskets, $10.00 each, plus tax !!!! Whoa, hold on here, what if something really important breaks ????? I don't want to know the answer to that one. Well, I'm up here in Carp, Ontario, Canada that is.

Cheers,

Frank (also MGB bitten with a '69 and a '73 roadster - plus a dead 85 jeep cheerokee)

-- * Frank Condelli * Carp, Ontario, Canada * ad793@Freenet.carleton.ca *