Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 1994)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 13 Jul 1994 21:22:35 -0400 (EDT)
From:         "Dr. D.W. Carment" <carment@mcmail.cis.mcmaster.ca>
Subject:      Re: oil

Yeah, I had the same problem before installing an extra oil cooler in an 82 westfalia (side mount). The engine was pulling 20 psi at speed prior to installation but afterwards oil pressure increased by 10 to 20 psi (depending on the air temp.) Now with the oil cooler mounted above the tranny, I am thinking of installing a fan hooked up to an oil temp switch. As David Schwarze said, 20 psi is far tooo low; rule of thumb 10 psi per 1000 revs. Any ideas out there what might be the source of consistently low oil pressure? DC

By the way I just got back from 10 days in Brussels, and saw a sum total of 2 air cooled Vanagons, more than 50 wc vanagons and about 10 pre 80 busses. The most numerous of all were the Eurovans (transporters). Still the Citroens of all vintages remained the most interesting.

(if you are wondering if I spent my time counting Volkswagens, the answer is no, this info comes from walking around the town).