Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 1994)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 14 Jul 1994 14:05:11 -0700 (PDT)
From:         John Grunkemeier <grunke@u.washington.edu>
Subject:      Bus Torsion Bar Adjustment?

Well, my '69 camper is sagging enough in the back that I am seriously thinking of doing something about it this weekend. I am planning on adjusting the rear torsion bars and would like to solicit some advice on this procedure. I plan to estimate the number of degrees to adjust the torsion bars with a level and protractor; but I would like to get some feedback on how many degrees others have rotated the torsion bars. I guess it would be easiest to just rotate the bars one notch which would give about 7 degrees of lift, however I've heard of some people who's CV joints didn't like that amount of lift and started making noise. How many degrees did you rotate your rear torsion bars to make this adjustment and were you pleased with the results? E-mail me directly and I'll post a summary.

John '69 bus -- John Grunkemeier (grunke@carson.washington.edu) Mailstop BF-10 (206) 522-3557 (home) University of Washington (206) 685-2440 (work) Seattle, WA 98195 USA