Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 1994)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 14 Jul 1994 14:21:14 +0800
From:         nrubin@s1.csuhayward.edu (martha rubin)
Subject:      van. parts!

While on a trip recently, I stopped through my hometown of Redding, California in order to check out a business I saw advertising in one of the VW magazines, namely, Bus Boys, Inc. I put my name down for a copy of their catalogue, the second edition of which is about to come from the printer ($4). They specialize in parts and accessories for VW bus AND vanagon. On a quick comparison of their prices, at least one item was the third of the cost of same at the dealer - a rack for a westy "refirgerator," from them at around $22 or so, and over $60 at ULVWD (unfriendly local VW dealer?). Another price comparison, however didn't prove as favorable. Still, they seem to have gone to the trouble to procure parts and accessories from the original source (even from places like Sweden for the westy skylight, etc.), rather than to offer repros.

Anyway, one of the two proprietors may even set up some sort of computer BBS connection, which he does not have now. I told him I'd post this on the mailing-list in the meantime. For those of you who'd like to give a call, its:

Bus Boys, Inc. 18595 E. Lake Boulevard Redding, CA 96003 1.800.792.BOYS or 1.916.244.1616

Good luck, and let me know how it goes!

BTW< they said they would soon be offering the rear insect screen for a very reasonable price. It currently retails at the dealer for something like $165 or so. Let's keep out finger crossed!!!

/Martha Rubin nrubin@s1.csuhayward.edu '79 bug 'vert, '81 westy, previously owned: '78 rabbit, '61 1500 (notchback)