Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 1994)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 20 Jul 94 23:31:45 PDT
From:         David Schwarze <schwarze@io.nosc.mil>
Subject:      The big "S"

Hi again, I have plotted the locations of the 21 people that have expressed interest in this trip. While I realize that it is not necessary (or possibly even desirable) to go through everyone's home town, I thought it would be a good place to start. It did produce some interesting results...

The "best fit" curve turned out to be a huge "S" shape, lying on its side (inside out) across the US. The starting point is in Arizona (Grand Canyon?) and goes West to Los Angeles, then up through Calif, Oregon, Wash, to Vancouver, BC, then down to Montana (possibly through Calgary??), South Dakota (Badlands?), Nebraska, Missouri, Tennessee, Alabama, then up the East coast, through upstate NewYork and ending at Ottawa. Presumably, the tour could complete a figure eight by cutting back down to the South- West (hitting points missed?) back to Arizona or Southern Calif.

Now that I think about it, a figure eight pattern might lend itself better to people jumping in and out. The whole trip might take a really, really long time though. What do you all think? I'm beginning to think that it will begin in mid-May and go for 8 weeks or more. Would *anyone* be able to do the whole thing? I know I wouldn't. I could see myself dropping out near the middle.

Watch for Martha and David's *big questionaire*, which will be posted to this list sometime Thursday! Read it over! Send it in! It's the trendy thing to do! :)

-David (Trip coordinator wannabe)

============================================================================= David Schwarze '73 VW Safare Custom Camper (Da Boat) SAIC Comsystems, San Diego '73 Capri GT 2800 (Da Beast) schwarze@nosc.mil '87 Mustang Lx 5.0 (Da Bruiser? Soon...) =============================================================================