Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 1994)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 18 Jul 94 20:02:55 CDT
From:         Joel Walker <JWALKER@ua1vm.ua.edu>
Subject:      Re: airwick?

On Mon, 18 Jul 94 15:09:40 CDT <RGOLEN@umassd.edu> said: >Actually, airwick was this hideous smelling "airfresshener"

hideous? Hideous!? oh, yeah, like Renuzit (or whatever) is Nectar to the Nose!

>sold in the 60s and 70s in the civilized part of the >world, and still a major airfreshener and food product in >places like, for instance, Alabama. It consisted of this

be careful, bub. i KNOW where you live!

>pint bottle of colored, smelly liquid to which this wick

pint? they made bottles that small?

>different meanings from this...) and the liquid would >evaporate and make your trailer or room smell "nice"...

actually, you have the theory of operation totally backward. typical yankee. you can never teach them any scientific know-how. what Air-Wick did was smell so bad, that you didn't mind the smell of the fishing boats or even the garbage dump next door. but even Air-Wick wasn't all powerful. why, if the wind shifted past the slaughter-house on a muggy day ... WHHHHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!! pig! pig! pig!

>Didja ever notice that both joel and forest gump came from >Alabama?? Deviant is as deviant does.... 8-)

first of all, 'Forest Grump' was written by Winston Groom, a notorius deviant and ne'er-do-well, who once wrote for the campus humor magazine. (at least, i think he's the same one ... can't say how many Winston Groom's there might be in alabama, what with Winston and Lucky Strike being real popular cigarettes back in the 30's and 40's). and, quite frankly, he just made all that stuff up.

secondly, i was born, raised, educated, and will likely die here (if i can't find a better paying job somewheres else!), so i don't have to watch no damn movie to see folks like that. all *I* have to do is sit on the front steps of my office building at lunch time. :)

thirdly, the only time anybody in alabama runs like that is when Bubba gets loose from the looney bin next door to where i work. now, he can really run like ol' F.G. ... you know how we tell the inmates at Bryce Hospital (the state institution for the Reality-Impaired, which really is about 200 yards from my office) from the professors at the university? by which side of the fence they are on, silly! :)

>I wonder if they are both the same....hell it would be just like >forest to create long lists or even long songs...hell the man ran >around the country three times....forest went to nam...and so >did (as I understand) joel....hmmmm.....

well, i didn't get no money from no blamed movie about any of my life. and i wasn't hit in the Bu-tocks, neither. didn't even get a purple heart. oh, well. we also serve who only cower and hide! :)

>could it be??? hmmmmmm.....

have you ever seen us together? well, if you look very very closely at the movie, you'll see me in there! ;) look for the fat guy with a beard and glasses. nyuk nyuk nyuk.

but seriously, folks, people like Forest Gump are kept away from decent people in alabama. why, we have a special building for them. it's down in Montgomery, on a hill, and is big, and white, and purty. and we call it the Legislative Office Building. :)

oh, sure, there's one or two out running loose, but we know where they are.

joel