Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 1994)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 30 Aug 1994 20:39:16 -0600 (CDT)
From:         dunham@mpd.tandem.com (Jerry Dunham)
Subject:      Re: Fear, Despair, and Agony on me ... Home Auto Repair 101

]From vanagon@lenti.med.umn.edu Fri Jun 24 09:24:07 1994 ]Date: Fri, 24 Jun 94 09:21:27 CDT ]From: Joel Walker <JWALKER@ua1vm.ua.edu> ] ]Ralf spoke of the Fear of F**kup, in maintaining your car. William wisely ]advised the use of an extra pair of eyes/hands/ears/etc. Brent sagely ]mentioned that, with Experience and Time, the Dark side of the Force can ]be banished and replaced with Limited Confidence and Reckless Abandon. ] ]my solution? always have a second car ... that runs. :) this way, you can ]still go for a replacement part to the one that just rolled into the sewer ]drain or ran off in the dog's mouth.

Or, better yet, at least one motorcycle. Insurance is $40.50 per year and it gets 48 mpg, plus it only cost me $1000 seven years ago when it had but 4000 miles on it. No spare car can beat those numbers, and no non-exotic spare car can stay with a Suzuki GS650. I go for my spare parts REAL QUICK!

-- -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- Jerry Dunham, MSE hoosier@rider.cactus.org (512)244-8598 Tandem Computers, Inc. dunham@mpd.tandem.com Integrity Systems Division dunham_jerry@tandem.com

The purpose of time is to keep everything from happening at once.... It's not working.