Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 1994)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 31 Aug 1994 17:01:43 -0400 (EDT)
From:         sstones <sstones@io.org>
Subject:      Re: How to Steal VW Vans Quickly

On Wed, 31 Aug 1994, David Schwarze wrote:

> Joachim Beek writes: > > > > (They stole his non-working radio, btw; bet they got a surprise.) > > Hah! Same here. I had a nice looking Pioneer digital auto-reverse deck in > the dash. Biggest piece of junk I have ever owned. Stopped working one > day and I was just too lazy to take it out. The person who stole my van > was nice enough not to break any windows, but did destroy my steering > column and rip holes in my paneling to get the 6" Craig speakers out. > Go figure. I go the stealth route now. Stereo is in the glove box, > box speakers behind the seats. Haven't had a problem since! > > -David > > ============================================================================= > David Schwarze '73 VW Safare Custom Camper (Da Boat) > SAIC Comsystems, San Diego '73 Capri GT 2800 (Da Beast) > schwarze@nosc.mil '87 Mustang Lx 5.0 (Da Bruiser? Soon...) > ============================================================================= > Ah Ha! But now we all know where it all is! :> just kidding!

When my 85 was parked a block from my old apartment, someone smashed the right front wing window to get in and get my tool box. When I came out the sliding door was unlocked and there was glass all over the seat but appeartantly my locked 95lb. tool box was to heavy for the SOB so I didn't lose anything except the $80 to replace the glass.

Another time, when parked in an alley, some a%&hole, smashed the sliding window for no apperant reason at all, all the doors were still locked and there was nothing worth taking... don't you just hate some people?

Cheers SStones Toronto Ont. <sstones@io.org>