Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 1994)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 05 Aug 1994 20:02:08 -0400 (EDT)
From:         RGOLEN@umassd.edu
Subject:      Camper Equipment Advise Needed

Its finally going to happen...after reading about the Type Two Trip, and then getting the info about "Busses by the Bouy" in Maine, this September.. my wife has decided she wants to try camping in the Eurovan. Now mind you this is no simple decision....seems that her family loved to camp... in those sort of places with no showers, no toilets, etc...so upon reaching her 18th birthday she said "NO MORE CAMPING!!!!"

Eversince I bought the EuroVan and discovered that it is really a quasi-camper, I've been trying to convincer to try it again and she agreed. Years ago, 12 to be precise...I drove home in a two year old 911sc...to which wife #1 (known as all ex-spouses are as "shithead") announced that I had too many "toys" (cars).. as most of you on this list know...you can NEVER have too many cars (toys)...

So the 1967 camper was sacrificed....two years later my '74 Thing... as she stated it was either the cars or her.....in retrospect, I made the wrong choice. 8-(

Ahh...I digress....anyway, the 67 camper was a nice "turn-key" operation...get in and drive..then stop and camp...the EV does not have any of that stuff...other than the table, folding bed, and my electric cooler. As I have been out of the camping game for so long, I need to get some stuff...

So what stuff do I need folks? What would you suggest? I have access to a beat-up 71 Westy...and am thinking of stealing the "sink" cabinet...is that worth doing...removing the jump seat in the EV, and putting that in when we go camping.

Those of you with Loaf Westies...is this doable...or am I just wasting time?

The rest of you...give me a list of what you think I would need for camping gear. Thanks.

Ric