Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 1994)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 8 Aug 94 9:12:05 PDT
From:         Steve Johnson <sjohnson@pcocd2.intel.com>
Subject:      Re: Coleman lantern?

> > In his suggested list Steve mentions a Coleman lantern, gas or propane. He > says he has gas only because it was given to him. What about the Coleman > electric? An add for it says it can be charged off of 120 or 12volt. It could > be charged while driving and the charge is supposed to last 4 hours using both > light tubes and 7>8 using only one. Are these any good, it seems like a lot > friendlier way to go, eh? > Tim

Yeah, my wife got one of these without the charger. I would imagine the charger one works better. The one we got uses 6 or 8 D batteries. I forgot because we hardly ever use it. It's pretty dim compared to the gas lanterns but might be a good trade-off for those not wanting to infringe on other campsites with too much light. I like to you a blanket hanging on a strung out rope to buffer my gas one. I also have a rechargable Coleman heavy duty flash light that is great for working under the car in the dark because it's bright and has it's own stand. It has a cigarette lighter plug in so I can charge it while driving as well as a 110V AC adapter as well. Got it from my mother-in-law for Christmas. Turned out to be one of the best gifts I've gotten.

-- Steven

sjohnson@pcocd2.intel.com