Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 1994)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 1 Aug 1994 07:26:14 -0400
From:         steve@molly.tn.cornell.edu (S.Smith)
Subject:      Re:  don'know much about aerodynamics

i think i still have all my cardboard in the front of my 83 diesel - i figured it was probably impt for cooling flow (same radiator and front cowl as gas vanagon btw). I have one of the Al strips on the drip rails, the other one is waiting for me to find a good cement to stick it back on. Havent noticed any difference in noise right and left. I have noticed that the position (open/close) of the front door vents (if you have them) noticeably affects the wind noise level; closed=louder. Said noise seems to be localised at the front of the doors - i think the design here is that at speed the aerodyn. pull air from the cabin through the front doors - if you shut off the flow by nixing the vents then you get a lot of turbulence (ergo noise) from the resulting flow.

Another thread - i have the 7 seater edition which i am trying to turn into a weekender. Has anyone tried taking the middle seat and turning it around to face the rear? The seat tracks should just slide in either way, maybe a new hole for a hold-down bolt.

The beauty of this is that a nice big piece of foam would make a great full bed, and while you are in camp the 3 seat and the rear-facing 2 seat make a nice arrangement. it would be really topped off by a table thats stowable...

any thoughts?