Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 1994)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 8 Aug 1994 16:59:47 -0700 (PDT)
From:         John Grunkemeier <grunke@u.washington.edu>
Subject:      How to Remove '69 bus window

I had the same exact thing happen to me this year (the weld between the window roller and window rusted out and window dropped down.). I struggled with the window and roller mechanism for quite awhile. There may be a way to get the window and roller mechanism out without removing the wing window; but it is fairly easy with the wing window out. You can remove the wing window as described by Andy Erskine (I guess they call these quarterlights in the UK?). After I removed the small screw in the upper window channel felt and one bolt down below in the door the wing window still wouldn't come out. So I removed the window scraper rubber (there is a long metal wire with protrusions in it that hold in the rubber) and sort of rotated the top of the wing window down and towards the rear. After the wing window is out you can slide the window up past where the window scraper used to be.

Good luck

John '69 bus -- John Grunkemeier (grunke@u.washington.edu) Center for Bioengineering (206) 685-2440 (work) Mailstop BF-10 (206) 543-3778 (FAX) University of Washington (206) 522-3557 (home) Seattle, WA 98195 USA