Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 1994)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 10 Aug 94 06:08:00 -0500
From:         carey.hambrick@bgbbs.com (Carey Hambrick)
Subject:      79 bus

While ago Aaron VanDerlip quizzickly inclined. ^^^^^^^^^ -(I wish I had a fun name. Tho, VonDerlip would be more volksy)ÿ

!-i am new to the air cooled world (have a 82 scirocco, it has been a !-very mixed reltationship)

A mixed relationship?? With a VW??

ÿ !- i plan on buying a bus. (just say no)

!- So the other day i drove a 79 at it drove great, had plenty of power. Power?? In a bus??

!- My only !-concerns were two: one that there was a smell, the engine, when the !-heater was turned on, ÿ You got a heater with yours? Mine ('79 Westy GTb) didn't come with one, might be coolant.

!- two there was a slight ( a few drops) amount of oil leaking from were !-i presume the two heads are. how serious are these two things?

!-Aaron VanDerlip

BEWARE!!DANGER!!WARNING!!>>>!!!ACHTUNG!!!<<<ÿ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ÿ This is not oil!!! It is a HIGHLY contagious fluid... Its transmissibilty is unmatched in its ability to render the hosts immune system defenseless. It quickly transmorgrifies (by transmutational transportation) brainwashing the host, making them think it's their blood (coolant?) There is no cure for this malady... Do not touch, breathe, or look at this fluid for any length of time. It may not be too late. Lettuce pray.

My habit was a half a quart every 300 miles. It is now half a quart low per 2500 miles, due to a recent (slight) overhaul and tightening of the loose. (like I need)

You get used to it, and feed it before it gets hungry. Check the oil in the morning, and after filling with gas. It is a sentient being and will return your love and efforts. My bus is a good teacher, it started me out easy, and has taught me all I know about working on cars,(Ie: it). Daddy tell me again how the water circulates in the head...(his head, not mine...nothing circulates there but air & oil)

"come to kindly terms with your ass for it bears you"

some dude

ÿ Is it friday yet

* 1st 2.00b #1868 *