Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 1994)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 1 Aug 94 12:06:48 PDT
From:         dan@jrs.com (Danny Dayton)
Subject:      Tornado-like wind currents

Howzit Volks Fans!

I had a rather amusing drive to work this morning. My bench seat bed was laid out in the back from the weekend, and I had the Sun Dial roof door open. There was a plastic bag with about a dozen light weight finishing washers laying in the back next to the rear door.

As I got up to speed on the freeway the vibrant blue bag began a gorgeous wind dance. It seems that with the roof door open, the swirls rather rapidly in the rear, creating a tornado effect. Anyways, the BlueBag was spinning, dipping, diving, lurching everywhere in the rear, without ever touching any side walls, floor, or ceiling. Oh what a joy I was having. Who cares about watching the road (at 58mph who needs to), I couldn't get enough of my dancing friend.

Well, all good things must come to an end, so on one of the BlueBag's somersaults, the washers delightfully tinkled out and the BlueBag lurched immediately into the cab and right into my lap.

I guess it got tired.

Danny D. '60 bus