Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 1994)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 13 Aug 1994 01:22:42 -0500 (EDT)
From:         ringo@aerodyne.com (Chris Getschow)
Subject:      Re: LSD, the geat hippies, lineage..

BTW: Since I've been a lurker for the last several months (known mostlyo to Unca Joel and Brutha Gerry) I think I should come clean with the list and let y'all know where I stand. I got into VW's through my step-dad who rebelled against his folks' Buick-oriented lifestyle. He went so far as to move from PA to CA to make his point, so I can now respect him for that [since I have now reached that stage of *maturity* where I can understand such things -- thanks, dad] . He bought a '80 Campmobile and took us cross-country with it. That damn bus got vapor-lock in the Rockies but nonetheless made it to PA and back to CA. The next bus was an '83 or so with a fibreglass top, all the camper stuff, and a CA license plate that said 'VW HAUS' (damn cool!, I'll give the man credit for that) We took that one cross-country too, and it had that same shit go down in the Rockies.. )

So what was the first vehicle I got when I made it to college in Boston? Why a '66 VW bus of course! the rest is history --

(PS: I must state that my shit-head step-dad *forced* me to learn about the inner workings of automobiles on my own or else take the auto mechanics course in high school (college-bound snobs like me just didn't *do* stuff like that). So I opted for self study and the man actually did right by me... ) --

Peace.

-cg :{)

--- || Christian O. Getschow (cgetschow@aerodyne.com) || Aerodyne Research, Inc. Billerica, MA || What, me worry?