Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 1994)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 17 Aug 1994 09:12:57 -0700 (PDT)
From:         "Thom Fitzpatrick" <thom@tim.com>
Subject:      Re: type 1 engine in t2

So, I guess you gave up figuring out what the noise was?

>I have recently acquired a '71 bus and a 1641 engine out of a type 1. It was >my understandind the engine are interchangeable for that year of van with the >type 1's. The engine fits, but it looks like the sheet metal on the front >(fif) of the engine falls short of the body of the van. My question is this. Do I only >need a different type of tin for that area or is something missing on the bus or what? I really >want to get that engine compartment sealed adequately. >Any help is much appreciated,

If the engine has the upright shroud the you should not have any problem. Make sure you have the front and rear sections of tin, though. A lot of times they tend to dissappear from motors...

How short is falling short? there is a rubber strip that also goes up there, so that may explain the gap, which on mine is about an 1" - 1/2"

Thom -- ............................................................................ : Thom Fitzpatrick Transamerica Info Mgmnt : : System Administrator 1860 Howe Ave : : tfitzpatrick@tim.com Sacramento, CA 95825 : : fax (916) 921-6781 (916) 565-3346 : ............................................................................