Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 1994)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         19 Aug 94 19:19 EDT
From:         TDMADD01@ulkyvm.louisville.edu
Subject:      totally bummed out, Rocky Mt. Mrt. Works

just sharing my woes.

----------------------------Original message---------------------------- To: . --ULKYVM

>From: Timothy D.F. Maddox

Subject: totally bummed out, Rocky Mt. Mrt. Works Well, along with others, I mentioned the "15%" sale at Rocky Mt. Motor Works. I had contacted a guy named Rick who was real nice and sent a bus catalog on so I could order. He told me to fax in my order attn. to him by Sunday night and he would fill it first thing before they ran out of stock. Well the family has been dying to try out the new camper and I've been busting my rear to get ready for the parts, all needed to get are new beauty out on the road. We needed around $400 bucks worth of parts but did manage to pull together a little more than $200 for the order (not much to them maybe, a mint to us). If you are al all like me by the time that order is ready you have every page of the catalog memorized and compared every price with all the other mags and catalogs you have collected, agony & ecstasy. Finally the order was made, Sunday night the sucker was faxed in. Monday I was already watching for the UPS truck. They state 3 day delivery. Well my mistake, I should have called first thing Monday. When I got the phone today they said they had never seen my order. And Rick? Well he went on vacation this week. From my side it is hard to believe the fax did not go through. I just feel lousy. Of course all the parts I was trying to order are out, be a month before the restock.

Well they probably are good folks, there catalog is nice, but I feel bummed and pissed. Id someone to be made at. Some of the stuff I needed isn't easy to find elsewhere, and especially at 15% off. Oh well guess I'll just repack those front wheel bearings this time rather than replace them. And maybe I don't need a couple of those body seals just yet. Still, hate to by the engine seal et. al. locally. If I can get it, man will they be prey. Guess I better watch it the rest of the week, hope n the rest of you guys got better karma going. Tim & his 69 camper to be

(By the way. What do you say is the minimum needed to pull the engine, replace the trany, and not have to worry about leaks? Thanks)