Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 1994)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 21 Aug 94 18:56:57 CDT
From:         Joel Walker <JWALKER@ua1vm.ua.edu>
Subject:      stuff available

david asked about what's where and how to get it. well, gerry has the gopher stuff at halfdan.med.umn.edu (which requires a program named 'gopher'), and i have a bunch of files laying around on my diskspace. i usually ask the newbies to the list if they want it, but sometimes i forget (or they just ignore me! :)

anyway, for those of you who are curious, here's what i have: - personal mods to my 88 bus (no engine or mechanical stuff; just lights, grab handles, cb radio, etc. little personalization things). - vanagon recalls information - vanagon tech bulletin information (2 parts: one index file, of all the tech bulletins i know of; and one file of selected tech bulletins, the ones without pictures ... which i could type in). - vw bus prices information. mostly from derek drew, but i added some really late model prices from an NADA book i was given. - bosch fuel injection - gasoline and diesel - information. about part numbers and which parts fit which cars. - vw bus books. who, where, how much. - some articles from Motorhome and Trailer Life magazines. about refrigerators and extra batteries. - differences in model years of buses, from 1949-1967, 1968-1979, 1980-1991, and 1993-????. - my own personal opinions about 'best' years of buses/vanagons. eh?

anyway, that's all i can remember right now. derek has some stuff for you syncro owners about the wheel alignment (bentley is wrong, he say). and from personal experience, i know that the alignment machines at most places have the data for only the early vanagons ... if you have an 88 or later, their data is WRONG! take the bentley book and make them use it (it's ok for non- syncros). but the 88 and laters are all lowered 30mm, and you have to set the alignment as if it was a 1980 half-loaded.

so anyway, anybody who wants any of this stuff, let me know and i'll be glad to dump it on you. :)

also i still have some vw parts microfiche left. mostly for the 88 and later, and 86-91 syncros. sorry, 80-85's. i've got to make another run to atlanta and get some more fiche from my dealer. i've just been putting it off for a while cause it's four hours one-way, and the traffic is fierce (the Rush-hour Redneck 500 starts at 0700 on Monday-Fridays!). plus i have to leave here at about 0200 to make it in line for the service dept. :(

joel