Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 1994)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 23 Aug 94 08:53:57 CDT
From:         Joel Walker <JWALKER@ua1vm.ua.edu>
Subject:      Re: pre-coffee whining

On Tue, 23 Aug 94 07:13:56 CDT Matthew Drahzal said: > I live in the dairy country outside of Syracuse NY, so I drive >country roads most of the time. I have noticed that people cannot >stand to be behind me, no matter how fast I go. > >Two theories > 1)Its a bunker-burner, and people can't stand the diesel exhaust > 2)People can't see over or around it. I actually see them driving > straddling the double yellow line in my side mirror. > 3)People get *very* frustrated over slow acceleration. (Hey, I make > it to "speed_limit+5", but it takes a little while to get there)

two? as in monty python 'two?'. :) actually it's 'All of the Above'. and it's not just the diesel. they do it to me in an 88 explodo-mobile. it's the box shape that starts them off, then the inability to see around, then they just can't stand to have someone in front of THEM. of course, when THEY get in front, well, then there's no reason to go so fast, is there? :)

>p.s. Yes, I am originally from NYC, where commuting is a competitive contact >sport.

:) very good. all those years in atlanta and i could never quite come up with the right description. that's definitely it! :)

joel