Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 1994)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 23 Aug 94 9:15:50 PDT
From:         Stuart Redford <scr@hpvcpnpi.vcd.hp.com>
Subject:      Re: pre-coffee whining

> > > This morning topped it off... > > As still a "rookie" owner, I have been learning more and more > about NuBus' ('82) affect on other drivers. IT DRIVES THEM INSAAAANNEE. > > I live in the dairy country outside of Syracuse NY, so I drive > country roads most of the time. I have noticed that people cannot > stand to be behind me, no matter how fast I go. >

Oh Yeah! How many times I've waited for someone behind me to bump into me between 1st and 2nd!!! Hah! But for me it's not only when I'm in Ruby ('91 Camper). I also go slow in Workar ('93 Escort) too. It's those assholes with automatics. They live in a push-button world. I'm the same way sometimes when I'm running around Portland (OR) in a company cruiser ('94 Sable wagon). I hate what those cars bring out in me.

I always keep the rear curtains closed in Ruby and I removed the rear- view in Workar.

Everytime I have a close encounter, I fantasize about that bumper- sticker I've wanted to make:

"If you're in a rush, you've clearly made a tactical error getting behind me. Have a nice day."

Stuart Ex-Long Islander also......