Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 1994)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 23 Aug 1994 18:59:26 -0700 (PDT)
From:         Eric Oster <ekoman@u.washington.edu>
Subject:      1963 bus stuff

Well, the restoration is moving right along, and I've noticed a strange (to me, anyway.) thing on my bus-it has a 36 hp engine. Now, I really didn't think much of it when I bought the bus-and my local VW enthusiasts didn't either, I suppose, but in the piles of stuff I got from Joel (THANKS!!! It's really neat stuff!!) my engine must have come out of a 1960? [The number is 5137231 for the curious.] Now, is this a common practice for the earlier VW's? I am the second owner of this bus, and I know that (read:good reason to believe) that the bus is all original and has never been tampered with, and it's condition reflects that. Next up : the headliner question. There is a rather nice (well, it was probably still nice in 1973, when the bus was parked.) `mouse fuzz' headliner in it. I have had conflicting reports about pretty much everything there is on this poor bus, but Oval's (a pretty nice VW shop up here near Seattle. Will give info. if anyone asks.) anyway, I've been told alternately that this isn't/is original equipment, so I'd like a scoop on that. And also where to get some if it is stock. Also, I'd like a 3/4 center seat. (ha ha.)

Eric and Earl Oster (ekoman@u.washington.edu)

p.s. Who needs Berg with the level of expertise here?

In our shop yard:

1960 KG 1963 kombi 1972 Westy 1972 SB 1964 kombi (RIP) 1963 bug 1941 kub...just wishing :^) 1965 bug POS dune buggy...on a 1963 'vert pan! ARRGH! THE AGONY!