Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 1994)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 25 Aug 1994 16:03:23 -0400 (EDT)
From:         GELATO@vax88a.pica.army.mil
Subject:      Data base requests

For those who want to be included in the data base:

At this time, we *only* have pre-68 buses included. To those who have e-mailed with post-68 info, thanks very much, but that's outside the scope of our current database.

If you have particular repair/parts/welding questions, Anthony is still knowledgeable about bubble buses and Vanagons. We *do* have VWs thru 60's and 70's - but his preference is the splits. But we don't see a lot of them around! So we do socialize with the bubble buses and Vanagon people (cos we're outnumbered!!).

We were at a camping weekend recently where we were the only split. It seemed the older folks who used to have splits have graduated to the Vanagons! So, everyone wanted to see our 27-yr old bus which was actually on the road and functional. They couldn't believe it.

The Saturday nights of these camping weekends tend to be communal dinners, everyone brings something. We were the only ones (this was pointed out to us) that actually cooked our food there. Mostly everyone else cooked their items at home & stored them in their *refrigerator* (what's a refrigerator - "Honey, we need more ice!").

Thanks again for your responses - You can still e-mail me or call us at home (201-347-4081) for VW info. Hopefully there are some more split people out there, too. (I guess you could accuse Anthony of having a "split" personality!)

Lori and Anthony from New Joizey