Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 1994)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 29 Sep 1994 13:11:08  PDT
From:         paul.uusitalo@aldus.com (Paul Uusitalo,CoSA)
Subject:      RE: Speed limits...

>i got you ALLLLL beat: 1994 Chevy Suburban, limo tint, neon license plate, >12-inch offset wheels with teenie-tiny tires. brand new, no less. now ... >them big suckers ain't cheap. and he goes and does THAT kind of 'custom' >work to it??? ol' P.T.Barnum was right! :)

I think we're treading on pretty thin ice here with this thread.

To normal people, a mature adult that willingly spends their hard earned money on any Volkswagen Bus/Van (and then proceeds to force spouses, children, dogs, etc. to ride in it), is far more foolish than any kid who chooses use money he makes from his after school job to trick out his ride in the style du jour.

This is especially true when you tell them just how MUCH money you just spent on your Westphalia Syncro, how MUCH time you just spent repacking your CV joints, how MUCH space you have to set aside in your rig for the spare engine when you go on trips, etc.

Don't get me wrong, I love my camper and went to great lengths to acquire it. But at the same time, every time I catch myself in the bus' rear view mirror I see a sucker who sold a rock-solid maintenance-free Toyota truck to be there.

Paul