Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 1994)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 07 Sep 1994 08:04:28 -0700
From:         cev@rocket.com (Charles E. Vaughan)
Subject:      Re: To those '83-'85 Vanagon folks

>This is only to those who own a Vanagon and/or camper of '83-'85 model years. > >Would it be possible to share with me the following information by replying >directly to me? > > year, > miles, and > list of problems (for example, overheating, rattling hydraulic > lifters,, frequent brake pad replacement, etc.) >

1984 GL 127,800 miles 1. 2 replaced to repacked CV joints at about 60,000 mi. 2. 2 replaced batteries, bought an alternator but didn't need it 3. 1 water pump 4. blown head gasket at 115,000 mi., dealer rebuild 5. dealer rebuilt master and wheel cylinders on brakes at 115,000 mi. 6. occassional valve lifter rattling throughout life of vehicle 7. repaired ventilation blower switch and heater control cables 8. 1 plugged fuel filter at 120,000 mi. 9. normal hassle with gas overfilling

Overall this has been a very trouble free vehicle with about $2000 of repairs in 10 years.

Charles Vaughan Woodinville, WA