Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 1994)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 11 Sep 94 13:16:53 PDT
From:         David Schwarze <schwarze@io.nosc.mil>
Subject:      Re: Busses 'cross 'Merika

Ralf MacGrady writes: > > > > Martha: (or anyone, really), > > What happened to the caravan thing? Was it just one > of those things that died? Was my name taken off > the list? Just because I refuse to travel in the > USA doesn't mean that I'm not interested in the > discussion or the final plans you all might come > up with. Huh? Someone fill me in please. I > forgot who's managing the list. But whoever you are; > why did you take me off? I don't remember asking to > be removed. Or did the logistics of the thing just get > to be too much and it died a quiet death?

That was me , David Schwarze, that was (and still is) organizing the BAA (to be named more appropriately, soon, I hope) tour. You have not been taken off of the "list", nor has anyone else. Interest has just waned lately in general, and I haven't been doing much thinking about the trip. The fact that my bus isn't running doesn't help my enthusiasm either, but I'll post about that nightmare separately.

I attended a vintage vw show here in San Diego yesterday at Mission Bay Volkswagen. It was bigger and better than I expected. There was the usual assortment of bugs and type III's, and seven or eight beautiful transporters. Turns out there is a local type II club here, but it is only for pre '68 busses :( I did talk to the president about our trip, though, and he promised to disseminate (sp?) any information about the trip to his members that I give him. There were two beautiful Westys there, a 66 and a 67. There was also a 50's vintage crew cab restored to immaculate condition - beautiful!

I also looked at the Eurovan Winnebago that was on display. 32K for that puppie (ouch!) but it was, indeed nice. Especially the little shower nozzle thing in back.

-David