Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 1994)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 1 Sep 1994 18:29:40 -0600 (MDT)
From:         DZIADECKI JOHN <dziadeck@spot.colorado.edu>
Subject:      Re: VANAGON digest 152

My thanks for all the responses to my comments and questions. And I've got a few more.

VANAGON STEERING WHEEL HEIGHT When I began my search for a camper I had a close look at the vanagons and thought they were great untill I sat behind the wheel. The angle differs greatly from that of the bus. I'm a little over six feet tall and that wheel was right in my lap. When I tried to move my feet from gas to break pedal or over to the clutch pedal it was an exercise in frustration. Is there any safe way of adjusting the height or angle of the steering wheel? Did VW eliminate this problem on the Eurovan by making it adjustable?

OIL LEAKS I'm told that oil leaks are standard with air-cooled engines. My mechanic noted that my 77 Camper is leaking through the main engine seal and that it would be a good thing to replace. He said I could drive indefinately with it the way it is as long as I kept the oil level up. He mentioned that the quality of seals differ a lot and a high performance one would be the way to go. Seals are inexpensive but getting them in place is not. Anyone care to comment on this?

VW SHOWS How do I find out if there's a forthcoming VW show in my area? I live in the Boulder-Denver area. The last time I heard about one was way after the fact.

John dziadec@spot.colorado.edu