Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 1994)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 18 Sep 1994 11:12:26 PST
From:         "CAP'N HOOK, THE SOFTWARE PIRATE" <chook@bbs.sd68.nanaimo.bc.ca>
Subject:      Hydraulic Lifter Removal/FuelVapor Routing

Pretty catchy subject line eh? Wanted to kill two birds with one stone. I have two problems, the first of course is collapsed lifters. I'm going to try and pull them out with a magnet like the Haynes manual suggests. Anyone done this before? I'll follow their procedure for pumping them back up. Would appreciate any experienced suggestions on this. Secondly, I have noticed that the fuel evaporative system has become disconnected on my 78 Westfailure. The line runs along the back of the engine compartment (right at the back of the van just above the rear outside locking door, you just open the door and look up, there it is.) It seems to come from both sides of the van, and has lines you cansee from the fresh air vents on the outside on each side of the van. These meet in the rough middle inside the van compartment then a plastic yellow hose joins them together. There is a T fitting here off the plastic line that looks like it should run to the air cleaner or emmsion system somehow but I can't find a connection anywhere. The remnant of hose thats on it is just long enough to reach the air filter area. I have taken the air filter system right out etc. and looked all over. I give up. My local dealer is useless, NEVER go to HarborView Volks in Nanaimo, they are big time crooks as far as I'm concerned. Weren't even interested in looking at it for me, told me they had better things to do. Anyway, sorry to be so long winded, but I thought I better explain this thorougly. Thanks in advance, C.G. Hook