Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 1994)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 19 Sep 94 14:25:22 WET DST
From:         Marcus Grant <mty016@cck.coventry.ac.uk>
Subject:      Bad weekend for busses....

Friday night/saturday morning. TVs stopped being watchable and so its time to go to bed. Just got into bed when the local yobbos on their way back from town start yelling goodnights to each other.

"See ya Scott" yells the one on the other side of the road. "See ya", yells back the one beneath my window. I wish he would bloody shut up.

CRASSHHHtinkleeeeeee.

What the hell was that? Outa bed pull back the curtains, and see this Scott guy running off down the street, whilst the front of my bus is covered in glass. Dressed in 30 secs and outside. The ba****d has picked up the corner stone from the neighbours wall and thrown it through my windscreen. By this time, he's out of sight, so its grab my leather and crash helmet, get on my bike and try and catch him. There were alot of people around for 2 am, but none looked like Scott.

So back home to bed....

Spent all sunday sweeping out the glass, and making a bin bag covered cardboard windscreen to keep out the rain. In the day light it is also obvious that the bodywork beneath the windscreen has been damaged, and as its double skinned at that point, I suppose it will have to be mended with body filler. The bit of wall that he used he also had to carry past two other cars before he got to mine, so he clearly decided that he wanted to do the camper. All the neighbours appeared at various times to give their opinions, including one who also saw Scott and confirmined him to be the same guy who kicked in her car 2 months ago. He is obviously local, and I've got a feeling I may just wait around for a few saturdays and see if he goes past....

And so, very knackered its of to bed, fuming quietly, I don't think I'll be able to ZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzz (Sleep).

CRRRRAAASSHHHHttinkleeeeeeee

Up outa bed, yank back the curtains. The neigbhours white Vanagon has been hit by a car, pushing it forward about five feet, into the parked car in front of it. The right rear has been pushed right in and the whole of the back is abit mushed. There is a new Fiesta XR2 thing on the other side of the road, very badly damaged, but the driver has done a runner. Ahh, a joyrider.

I've tracked down a second hand screen for my bus, but my worry is that this guy is going to do it again. As to the Vanagon, I don't know whether it will survive, but one thing for sure; if you own a bus don't bring it to Coventry, cause the locals will have ago.

Marcus -- __ Marcus Grant mty016@uk.ac.cov