Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 1994)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 20 Sep 1994 13:08:32 -0500 (CDT)
From:         Gerald Skerbitz <gsker@lenti>
Subject:      Re: Heating system

On Tue, 20 Sep 1994, J. Walker wrote: > On Tue, 20 Sep 94 11:39:13 CDT Gerald Skerbitz said: > >Can someone tell me exactly what the vents at the bottom of the front > >doors are for? > > they are part of the Fresh-Aire Ventilation System. :) on the front edge > of the front door is a big rubber gasket that surrounds a big vent hole. > the air comes from the middle of the dash, out through a big tube, into the > door via that vent hole, then out the back of the door and into the B-pillar > and up into the roof vents. Yeah, I've seen that hole in the front of the door, but it really seemed to me after looking at it that it was not connected AT ALL to the vent with the blue knob.

> the sliding gizmos on the bottom edge of the rear of the door are to let > fresh air get sucked into the door? or blown out of the door? never did > figure out which. but by adjusting those sliders, you can affect the flow > of fresh air and heat inside the bus. not much, but it does make an effect.

Interesting you should mention heat, because in all of this, there is no way to get heat to come out of either the vents above the windows, or the vents in the bottom of the doors. Has anyone closed all the vents above the windows and opened the ones in the doors? This aught to cause fresh air to come out of the ones in the doors.

-- Gerry Gerald Skerbitz <gsker@med.umn.edu> U of MN Med School Admin 6-5379