Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 1994)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 20 Sep 94  19:23:13 EDT
From:         <BSNICH01@ulkyvm.louisville.edu>
Subject:      composite answer...

To answer a helpful prod, I won't be doing any of this stuff myself because I'm going to Westphalia Wanderers meeting in WV next week and I've only taken a couple of vacation days and crammed the rest of my work week into the remainder (not to mention deep fear at doing brake work).

My reasoning for going to the dealer is that the last 3 alignments I had done were done by folks other than the dealer and they were not done well. So my primary reason for going was the alignment, tire rotation & balance I added in because they'd be off anyway. They checked my front pads and said they were in great shape (curiouser and curiouser!). I did not by tone or inference let them know I wanted the "royal treatment".... such as it is.

Now the Volksdoktor job can be done TWICE with different parts each time and still be the same as the VW dealer price with aftermarkets, AND the warranty over the 2 jobs adds up to that given by the VWD for OEM stuff. I have also had decent service from these guys in the past. For the person wanting to know about the price of the electricity and water doors, I'll post that a little later tonight.

Barry S. Nichols BSNICH01@ULKYVM.LOUISVILLE.EDU 7004 Ethan Allen Way BSNICH01@ULKYVM Louisville, KENTUCKY USA 40272 PH: (502) 583-5835 (machine answers--it may be rather odd)