Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 1994)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 23 Sep 94 17:11:11 PDT
From:         Stuart Redford <scr@hpvcpnpi.vcd.hp.com>
Subject:      Re: CA, land of busses galore

> > > a van-list anecdote .... > > was in palo alto last week on the company and stopped at the > palo alto duckpond for a look at the waterfowl > > Saw a eurovan, two vangons, a loaf and an 'owl-face' (my version > of split) all packed into a little space. One of the bird watchig > groups came up and drove off as i watched and didnt 'see' anything unusual > > Here in upstate NY if you see an owl-face you honk and jump up and down > in surprise ..... > Reason=sodium chloride

One of the delightful sights in Colorado after living in USNY (Upstat.. .......) was all the old cars cruising down the road with no body rot.

On of the businesses in Seattle I never remember seeing in USNY were engine rebilding shops.

In the NE, bodys disintegrate before the need for a rebuild.

In the west, some machines go the crusher with their 3rd-4th engine.

Going to school in Alfred, NY in 1974, I bought a 1972 car for $200. It ran just fine with 71K on it, but, the fenders were duct taped on.

I sold my beater 1972 Maverick (from NY) in Seattle in 1984 not because the drivetrain was beat, but because I drove thru a large puddle during the dry season and got soaked and blinded by the muddy water shooting up through the rotted floor; wouldn't even be good for hauling wood :-))

I had a friend in USNY that went to Oklahoma whenever he bought a used car.

scr