Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 1994)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 24 Sep 1994 16:11:17 -0400 (EDT)
From:         Richard Sellers <psellers@gwis2.circ.gwu.edu>
Subject:      Esp For Eurovan Owners

I've forgotten who owns the Eurovans or I would have addressed this more specifically.

I've just been made aware of a problem with the tires on my '93 Eurovan and I'm wondering if any others have (had) the problem.

I just got back off an extended road trip and dutifully went to have the tires rotated .... no problem there.

After I drove a few miles withthe rotated tires I was convinced that I had put tank treads on the van.

I took it back to the dealer and they recommended that I have the tires balanced ... I did ... no change.

One of the mechanics mentioned that my tires were "choppy" and had numerous flat spots.

After a long conversation about how and why, I was told that somehow my rear wheels were probably out of alignment. (I don't understand that part at all but ...)

The dealer wanted to sell me a new set of tires

Something in the back of my mind signalled me to check with the VW dealer; I did.

Once I explained the problem to the VW dealer's service person, the comment was "Oh yes, we've noted some problems with those tires on THAT van. If you'll leave the van with us we'll do what we can to straighten the problem.

Well in the suddeness, I could not leave the van but plan to take it back on Monday or Tuesday. I've got about 28,200 miles on the van now.

QUESTIONS:

Has anyone else had problems like this?

Any idea why or how it happens?

Any idea about what I can expect from the dealer or VW USA?

R. A. "Pete" SELLERS v: (703) 550-9099 P. O. Box 233 FAX: (703) 550-8188 Lorton, VA 22199 E-Mail: psellers@gwis2.circ.gwu.edu Anyone who stops learning is either very old or DEAD!