Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 1994)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 27 Sep 1994 21:14:33 -0500 (EDT)
From:         ringo@aerodyne.com (Chris Getschow)
Subject:      Re: Speed Check

I ran my '66 Bus in excess of 65mph fairly regularly, I am sorry to admit. I blew up the engine a couple times, but maybe that's just a testament to my mechanical skill...

I saw my counterpart, however, a couple days ago as I and my '85 GL were merrily cruising down the middle lane of I-495 north of Boston, keeping pace with traffic at a little over 70mph. Earth Mother in a mid-70's camper blew past at an estimated 80+. What a sight and sound! The muffler was blown out, so her song could be heard for miles. She had what looked like mud-caked wooden patio furniture lashed to the roof in a most un-aerodynamic fashion. The bus was that wonderfully sickening pea-and-avocado-soup color. I guess you had to be there to appreciate it, but it was the kind of scene that jars one out of the 'Daily Grind' and into a sense of all-is-right-with-the-world-or-at- least-for-a-little-while-anyway. Truly a happy woman, and beyond doubt Queen of the *Left* Lane!

Peace.

-cg :{)

--- || Christian O. Getschow (ringo@aerodyne.com) || (formerly of) Aerodyne Research, Inc. Billerica, MA || What, me worry?