Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 1994)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 21 Sep 1994 11:07:28 -0700 (PDT)
From:         "Thom Fitzpatrick" <thom@tim.com>
Subject:      Re: Front 'badges' / emblems

>I found a 9" badge for my bus at a Classic Car show earlier >in the year. I paid 15 UK pounds for it. I figured that when >I put it on my bus it might get stolen (those Beasty Boys!) >so i run an M4 die down the bottom two mounting dowels and >put two M4 nuts on the dowels when the badge was fitted. You

I did a similar thing on mine, excpet I threaded all four posts and put it in with rubber backed washers.

The problem with missing bus-parts is real big out here.

#define SOAPBOX

As a side note, people here in Sacramento are starting to get more agressive towards the people who try mess with their stuff. On the exact same day someone stole my taillights, a gut not too far from me had caught two guys loading a pickup with stuff they were stealing from his back yard. So he catches them hog-tises them and leaves them out in the sun for 4 hours! Right ON!

This guy, who is hailed as a hero to the populace, now faces somethin' like 5 felony charges. I'd like to see a jury who'd conmvict him. yeah, right!

Another guy on Sunday shot a guy who was breaking into his car. He ended up dying. This guy is also gonna be charged, but he is also considered a her. Once again, its gonna tuff to find a jury...

People are sending these guys money like crazy, too, and a lot of cops are supporting them "off the record"

I mean, what happens when it goes the other way? NOTHING!!! Kinda feels like the deck is stacked against ya, doesn't it?

#undef SOAPBOX

Thom -- >> C program run. C program crash. C programmer quit. ............................................................................ : Thom Fitzpatrick Transamerica Info Mgmnt : : Systems Administrator 1860 Howe Ave : : tfitzpatrick@tim.com Sacramento, CA 95825 : : fax (916) 921-6781 (916) 565-3346 : ............................................................................