Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 1994)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 3 Oct 1994 13:31:22 +0100 (MET DST)
From:         mty016 <mty016@coventry.ac.uk>
Subject:      Re: Five Year Dream Car Pick

> > and Ric, the legal-aide, said he want ALL the rules 'splained before he > commits in writing his choice. :) so ok. we do TWO cars. one new, one of > any year. [stuff gone] > > joel

Well for the old one I would start with (yawn) a 23 window deluxe microbus.

I like the way these things look anyway, but as we seem to be saying "whats your dream" and spending lots (unimaginable) amounts of money, here goes;

disc brake conversion, big bore engine (in a lowish state of tune for longevity), ball joint front axle (I believe the last year of the splits had these), 12v electrics conversion, well sound proofed, inertia reel seat belts, decent heating system, nice stereo, some kind of theft deterant, convert it to a walk through style cab, different front seats, purpose designed interior etc etc etc.

I would *not* lower it; my busses have to earn their keep. As a pretend climber I sometimes end up going up and down rather rutted dirt tracks more suited to tractors and the like, and the last thing I want to do is spend my time wondering whether the bus would make it or not.....

A new vehicle? Well I would take a Honda RC30/Kawaski zzr600r or the like. But I guess that dosn't really belong here :)

Dream, drool, bugger I'm still at work.

Oh well back to the '70 and my z550 :(

Marcus -- __ Marcus Grant mty016@uk.ac.cov