Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 1994)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 5 Oct 1994 13:46:22 -0500 (CDT)
From:         jbrill@unlinfo.unl.edu (James Brill)
Subject:      Re: 6-ply tires???

Sorry if this is getting kinda long but what about the tire specified for the vehicle? My door frame says something like 29F and 32R. Now, should I have 35 pound max tires or 40 or 50? What I mean is, are those numbers on the door the posted max pressure for any tire (above that rating) or are they the max for only the tire the bus came with? Does any of this make sense or, to put it another way, should I care? I have 36 max tires on there now inflated to 29 and 32, if I had 45 max tires should that change? Signed, Hopelessly Overly Cautious. -- James A. Brill Jr. \\ // If my thought dreams could jbrill@unlinfo.unl.edu \\ \\// // be seen, they'd probably put University of Nebraska \\//\\// my head in a guillotine. free-lance homo sapien \/ \/ --Bob Dylan--