Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 1994)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 5 Oct 94  17:40:27 EDT
From:         <BSNICH01@ulkyvm.louisville.edu>
Subject:      ok  here we go...

I have been lazy this summer and didn't fix 2 things on "STRIDER". My heater blower knob is frozen (all the way clockwise). If I turn it on it will heat (from levers) but I can't turn the knob off or on (it comes off). Also, I had an extra wiper for the front and with much stupidity, put it on the back wiper. It stuck a few times (straight up) and I just pulled it clockwise an inch or so so that it could return. It returned....permanently. My back wiper doesn't work now. My Qs, anyone ever have these problems? How hard is it for us mechanically challenged folks. To answer a criticism before it starts, I have BENTLEY but it's pretty sketchy re: the heater controls and Im not yet sure about the back wiper.

Also, I got my ports (2 water, 1 electric) and stove flue cover and skylight seal from EuroAmerican RV Products (Delta-Six) and while I REALLY hate that damned little plastic key for the tank water door, the lock on the outside makes sense. I also like the fact that the door forms part of a funnel. I did put on the new electrical port. My other one was missing a door (it does work though). The rest I'll probably not put on yet (mainly because of that stupid little plastic key. Anyone seen any of the plate-like vanagon hubcaps at a salvage yard? Also, we bought a small ceramic AC heater for campground camping (from Camping World's catalog). We tested it when it was in the low 40s this last week. It works great! Some of you may want to consider it. If only I could use something like that AWAY from electrical hookups!

Barry S. Nichols BSNICH01@ULKYVM.LOUISVILLE.EDU 7004 Ethan Allen Way BSNICH01@ULKYVM Louisville, KENTUCKY USA 40272 PH: (502) 583-5835 (machine answers--it may be rather odd)