Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 1994)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 6 Oct 94 10:34:46 PDT
From:         Steve Johnson <sjohnson@pcocd2.intel.com>
Subject:      Re: Funny Bus Story, sorta (Rain)

So Thom Fitzpatrick says: > > Well, > > I rained cats and dogs the day before yesterday, and when I came home > from work, I looked at the bus sittin' there in the driveway and thought, > "hmm, I should pull the tarp down over the windshields a bit better; I > _know_ they're gonna be leaking" So I go to grab the tarp, and it doesn't > budge. Hmmm. I look inside, and the tarp that is s'posd to be covering > the bus is in the bus. You see, I took the sunroof bow out to clean them > up in prep for the new top, so a pool of water formed in the top where there > was no support, and it grew and grew until it almost reached the floor! > > The poor little bungee cords that were holding the tarp on were > thretched worse than if Roseanne Barr had bungeed off the Golden Gate with > them! > > So I bailed it all out, cleaned it us best as I could. I guess I really > need to put the sunroof back in now... > > Thom > --

Yeah, that was a pretty good amount of rain for the Sacto. area. My wife said that the main street to our house was flooded (La Riviera) and traffic was a zoo at rush hour. I decided to go up to the other house and get some work done. No problem later at ~ 8:30pm.

Hope you didn't get too much water. MMMmmm mildew. My favorite smell! ;)

Steven

sjohnson@pcocd2.intel.com