Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 1994)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 10 Oct 94 16:51:16 CDT
From:         "J. Walker" <JWALKER@ua1vm.ua.edu>
Subject:      Re: sure is quiet out there ...

On Mon, 10 Oct 94 16:20:09 CDT Gerald Skerbitz said: >Gee, I wonder if they had to **WORK** ? <grin>

Nahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. couldn't be. must be network problems. :)

>Maybe I should mention an oddity. I was working in the back yard >Saturday when i noticed a pool of coolant on the floor of the >carport. I put some more coolant in (it was low) and looked underneath >and saw that it was indeed dripping from somewhere up there -- looked >like from the waterpump seal. >Yesterday we drove the van a few times and each time I checked and there >was NO leakage. I'm sort of baffled. Could it have come out of the top >of the expansion tank for some reason?

look at the coolant tank (on the extreme left) and see if there is that chalky-bird-droppings stuff under it and running down the metal shield over the muffler. that's where mine was. about $40 for the tank. when the water pump leaks, mine ran down the oil filter.

also: the tank leaked more after the car had been shut off for a while, not while it was running. never did figure that one out. and be SURE to get a new o-ring for the coolant level sensor if you replace the tank ... i didn't (the first time) and sure enough, it leaked all over the place.

joel