Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 1994)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 11 Oct 1994 18:14:32 -0800 (PDT)
From:         John Ritchie <ritchiej@ucs.orst.edu>
Subject:      custom seats (was Re: those cab separators)

Sami wrote:

[stuff deleted] > > >I installed custom reclining seats in Bobo but was afraid to remove the > > Bobo? That's very cute. Kind of reminds me of Montgomery Burn's teddy bear > in one of the Simpsons' episode. So, where did you find those seats? Were > they expensive. I looked at some catalogs, but they were expensive, like > $250 each. Maybe I'll try to find myself those heated Volvo seats someone > else had mentioned a few weeks ago. (Saab probably has them too, and IF I > remember well, the recline is thiner than average and so the seat would fit > more easily.) >

Well, part of the reason I don't care if my seats recline or not is that I didn't pay much for them. I bought them at a yard sale for $35 for the pair. They are out of a late-model Ford Mustang/Escort and were in great shape except for the stock metal feet which I had to get rid of anyway. I had to do some creative adaptation to put them in, but they're in and they work much, much better than the old ones. They are still not what I'd call a comfortable seat for long trips but they _are_ cloth and they aren't disintegrating into a pile of horsehair and rusty springs! (sound familiar?) :) And the price was right! If anybody is remotely interested in the (extensive) details about how I got them to fit let me know and I'll email them to you directly.

John