Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 1994)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 12 Oct 1994 10:30:00 -0400
From:         DerekDrew@aol.com
Subject:      Originator Names

I have begun receiving messages which indicate the original sender as sender rather than the vanagon list as sender. I don't know if this is something Gerry is doing or if my AOL software has begun doing this.

Either way, it isn't such a good idea. When I hit my reply button the message might go back to that individual rather than to the whole list.

Also, I ignore about 1/2 of the vanagon list messages without reading them but I always read mail addressed personally to me. Having all mail look like it is personally addressed to me forces me to read it all and I cannot do that.

About 1/2 of the messages on this list have no business being here as it is merely mindless chatter from lonely people. I feel that Joel can post any message he likes because he regularly contributes very valuable technical information. Some of the other people are just blowing hot air into this thing and it has the potential to drive people with real jobs and real lives off the list.

The saving grace is when people properly identify their subject matter. Those of us who don't want to read poems about our campers have learned what Friday Haiku means.

Messages still go through here like "Glad to hear that," "I agree," or "Thanks for all your help." I feel that if you have this little to say that you should send a private message.

Please don't generate traffic just to generate traffic. There are plenty of places for that sort of thing in cyberspace.