Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 1994)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 13 Oct 94 11:05:23 PDT
From:         Jon Ulrigg (Rho) <a-jonu@microsoft.com>
Subject:      Heater Tubes

This is kind of a strange question, but before I go off and prepare to do some custom work, I thought I would ask y'all what the situation might be in your respective busi (multiple buses).

Here's the scoop:

I took a Westfalia interior out of a '69 camper, and put it in my '70 transporter.

The problem?

There are these heater tube thingys that come from the back of the transporter(there are two of them, and they used to come out under the bench seat that was in the back, that has now been replaced with a foldout bed/seat), that did not exist in the '69 camper. Right now these tubes come up into the storage space underneath the bus, and over the summer(long trip) they managed to fry several things in the storage compartment(cordless drill, timing light, various plastic devices).

I'd like to duct these things so that they are routing heat into the cab this winter(rather than selfishly keeping it all underneath the seat), and before I go and do up some custom ducting, thought I would ask if other people have these with a camper interior, and how the problem was tackled?(Did the Westfalia do some ducting, or did all the campers not have those little holes in the back?)

And if it does come down to doing it myself, can anyone suggest a high heat resistant material to do the ducting(and where I might find it?). I was thinking pvc tube at first, but when I saw it melt my timing light and cordless, I had second thoughts.

Thoughts?

Jon