Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 1994)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 15 Oct 1994 11:17:02 -0700 (PDT)
From:         Brad Hopp <bagger@seanet.com>
Subject:      Re: Oettinger Letter In German

> The note says: "Der Unterzeichnete, Ausfuhrer der Ware, auf die sich die > Handelsrechnug bezieht, erklart, daB diese Waren, soweit nicht anders > angegeben, die Boraussetzung fur die Erlangung der Ursprungseigenschaft im > praferenzbegunstigten Warenverkehr mit USA erfullen und daB das > Ursprungsland der Waren Deutschland ist." All I can see is gigantic > words...lots of capitals...something about the > fuhrer...

The Undersigned, the maker of the parts, from this reciept, explains, that these parts, as long as not said otherwise, assumes the originating goods comply with USA requirements and the origin of the goods are German.

Nothing translates 100%, especially foreign "legalese" . This is a typical export declaration that recquires the maker/shipper to state the origin and it's compliance with the laws of the country it is being shipped to.

Later, Brad ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- | *Thought provoking commentary to be placed here... as soon as I have one.*| | | | Giving the NSA watchers a jolt: SIGINT LIBYA TELSAT TIMING GRU GRAIL HIT | | MILSAT NET BGS GRENATWERFER LUMINOSO TRAINING CDR PLASTIQUE AEROFLOT PM | | | | bagger@seanet.com | | ^^^^^^^^^^^ | | Formerly of connected.com, the AMC Gremlin of Internet Providers. | -----------------------------------------------------------------------------