Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 1994)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 20 Oct 94 14:07:30 CDT
From:         "J. Walker" <JWALKER@ua1vm.ua.edu>
Subject:      Re: Fogg Lamp Wiring

On Thu, 20 Oct 94 13:27:57 CDT <DerekDrew@aol.com> said: >I wired my factory fogg lamp switch so in the first (middle) position the >fogg lamps come on when and only when the low beams are on. In the third >(right) position the fogg lamps come on no matter what so long as the key is >on. Technically, this is illegal as it allows me to have the fogg lamps on >coincident with the high beams. That is a no-no.

in most states, that's probably true. i believe it is arizona that says you can have no more than four (4) lights burning on the front of the vehicle, no matter which lamps they are. so if you have round headlights (which i do :) you can have some strange combinations.

however, fog lights and high beams kinda defeat the purpose of the fog lights if you are running in real fog. what i did was to trigger the fog lights off of the parking lights, so i can shut off my headlights completely (leaving only my parking lights on) and run along on my fog lights. it is MUCH easier to see in fog this way (these is no headlight glare up into the windshield). and i can still turn on my rear red light if the fog gets really thick and i get worried about some clown crashing into my rear bumper.

then there are those aircraft landing lights that i have on the front bumper ... just in case i ever drive through kansas again! :)

joel