Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 1994)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 20 Oct 94 16:12:41 CDT
From:         "J. Walker" <JWALKER@ua1vm.ua.edu>
Subject:      Re: Heat exchangers

On Thu, 20 Oct 94 15:03:59 CDT James Brill said: >I have a question about the heat exchangers on a '71 bus. I don't plan >on buying them from JCWhitney but I was looking at their catalog last >night. They had them for $79 each for the '71 bus through the July >production dates. The remainder of the '71s they want $199 each. I >know my bus was made in November. What gives with the price >difference? Can I assume that other/better sources for them will have >similar price differences? If cost is no factor (hahaha) who makes >the best ones?

i think they are referring to the changeover of the model year ... vw used to change in july-august, so any buses made in august of 1971 are actually the 1972 models (with the type 4 engine ... which has very different heat exchangers). you bus would have been made in november of 1970, in order to be a 1971 model.

the price ($79) sounds about right ... i think. seems like Rocky Mountain (Bus Stop) wanted about the same thing for theirs. their catalog is really worth getting, by the way. some really neat stuff in there.

joel <oh, momma, can this really be the end? to be stuck in Tusk-a-loosa with the Memphis blues again?>