Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 1994)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 24 Oct 1994 19:59:43 -0400
From:         moran@cs.utk.edu
Subject:      gimmie some opinions

Ok here is the situation, I found a guy witha 79 camper. He wants $3200 for it. Here is a general description of it.

79 westfalia beige 59,000 original miles, has service record of every service except the 60,000 milse service because it is not there yet. Original manuals. Engine looks and runs good except for small oil leaks from around push rod tubes. Needs to have camper top cavas replaced because of holes, does not have seals around the camper top. fridge works great, sink works electric works, has california emmissions stuff on it. Body is in grat condition only 2 small rust spots around the windsheild. it has been taken to a mechanic and he checked it all over but said that the only prob is that it has an oil leak. A friend of mine who has a similar van said that it just needs new push rods and pushrod tubes.

My questions are about how much is this camper worth? Is having all that calif. emmisions stuff on there gonna complicate servicing the engine? I am in Tennessee so all the emmissions stuff is not required here.

By looking at it, it appears to be in exellent condition execpt for the canvas top, rubber seal around the top, and needing the push rod tubes and that junk fixed. I was told that that runs about 100. I am new to the vw scene, but it is like the perfect vehicle for me as I am a diver and a camper. Please give me your opinions about this vehicle.

Thanx, Rick