Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 1994)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 3 Oct 1994 13:13:15 -0400 (EDT)
From:         "Sean J. McAusland" <smcausla@moose.uvm.edu>
Subject:      Re: Trip Plans

On Mon, 3 Oct 1994, WOODRUT wrote:

> The Westy is ready (rebuilt engine broken in) - the owner's a bit anxious - and > I'm taking off the week of October 8th for a trip along the New England Coast. > > Will be traveling from MI to NY, VT, NH, Maine then down the coast to Philly to > visit relatives before heading home on the 15th. > > If anyone has any advice on "must sees" or cool camping sites, please let me > know. > > Would also appreciate the names/numbers of friendly VW mechanics along the way > "just in case." > > Will have complete trip report when I return. > > Cheers, > > Tam > woodrut@aa.wl.com > > Tam,

Lee Ann & Sean writing you from the shores of beautiful lake Champlain. We live in Burlington Vermont and think it's pretty great here. Mt. Mansfield ,VT is spectacular this time of year. Not sure of your route but if you can take the ferry from NY to Burington, then Rt. 2 over to Maine, very scenic. You should stay at least on night in the Northeast Kingdom of Vermont. Green River campground is wonderful I think it's is Morrisville, VT but if you want I can look up the address and phone number. Maine is amazing, Bar Harbor south will be an incredible drive and you will want to stop every everywhere. But beware these are secondary roads and very slow going.

If you want any more info just E-mail us, and if you are in Burlington for any time let us know and we can show you around.

Lee Ann & Sean

P.S. We have a pretty good VW guy here in Burlington, John's VDub 802-862-7427 He works mostly on buses and has several on the lot.