Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 1994)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 25 Oct 1994 19:57:44 -0400 (EDT)
From:         gt4281b@prism.gatech.edu
Subject:      Re: gimmie some opinions

> > Ok here is the situation, I found a guy witha 79 camper. He wants $3200 > for it. Here is a general description of it.

Hi! - I've been reading the list religiously since I bought my Westfalia about 5 months ago...Here's my first .02 cents:

$3200 seems like a bit high although potentially reasonable. I bought my 84 GL Wolfsberg Edtn. (sp?) (cracked windshield but otherwise in good condition) for $3500...Here are some more details:

1. 98000 miles 2. Blaupunkt amp and speakers (12 in all) 3. Canvas in good shape (a few 1/4 cm holes) 4. Fridge and Stove working ok 5. Sink pump needs to be replaced 6. Automatic Trans 7. Quite clean - no rust

Although it seemed a bit expensive when I bought it (in Ga) I now believe it was a good deal. Actually I'm not all too concerned about $$ in hindsight - I've been very, very happy with it so far - Westy's are great all around vehicles IMHO.

Recommendation: Buy it, but bargain some if you can...

Also...(and a bit unrelated to above)

With Bently manual in hand (plus Muir's "How To Keep Your Volkswagen Alive") I performed my first mechanical feat over the weekend...Replaced my front disk brake pads...trivial it may be to most - but life altering for me. Perhaps even a religious event...!

I have this question though: Although the brakes were making some remarkable noise before the pad change, it seems not to have gone away after the change. Is this normal? - Is there a spray I can use safely and effectively?

Help would be appreciated...

-Victor