Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 1994)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 26 Oct 1994 20:37:26 -0400 (EDT)
From:         gt4281b@prism.gatech.edu
Subject:      Re: westy manuals and other stuff

> > This may have been discused before, but I didn't see it in the > FAQ--not that I know how to use it. Where does one go about getting > original style westy manuals? One that describes the intricacies of > usage and one on maintainance which includes wiring diagrams.

You can get them from VW dealers...Make sure to get the Robert Bentley one; it's the "official" factory manual.

> BTW, If the newbie Victor reads this, please tell me where all > those speakers are. I have four speakers in the usual spots but would > like more bass and treble. I have those woofer styles, 8 inch, > uninstalled and some amps and things but I don't know where to put them > without seriously compramising(sp?) the storage. Ofcourse since I live > in CA, I don't have a stereo, but some day......

There are three on each front door, two underneath the back seat/bed, two within the AC compartment above the pullout seat/bed and under the pop-top bed (does that make sense?) and two tweeters -- here goes -- mounted on the metal divider between the front section (the front seats) and the back...on the same plane as the pop top screen that allows access to the luggage rack....The amp is located behind the glove compartment and the equalizer (also a Blaupunkt) is the old style movable one attached to a bendable metal coil - VU meters and all, located underneath the driver's seat and projecting out above the parking brake... _killer_ sounds...! - I'm quite lucky to have come across this already installed.

> Walt > 82 house > 71 2002

-Victor 84 Westy